Latest update from the Safer Neighbourhoods Team
Wootton Wawen Parish Council
Incidents of a public interest from the last week:-
· *Vehicle Crime. Middletown Lane, Sambourne. Several men seen running from property. Men were wearing gloves and hoodies and the caller was concerned that a crime had just been committed. They got into and left in a large black vehicle. This was confirmed. Works vans at the property had been entered and various tools stolen. 14.35pm Monday 17th June. 0198 17/06/2019
· *Burglary Business. High Street, Henley. Side door to premises forced off its hinges and building entered. Several items taken. Between 20th & 21st June. 0044 21/06/2019
· *Vehicle Crime. High Street, Henley. Secure Black Discovery stolen. Between 19th & 20th June. 0082 20/06/2019
· *Anti-Social Behaviour. The Lakes, Earlswood. Report of a group of approx. 12 “youths” being abusive to people fishing. Also seen to throw stones and sticks towards those fishing. Area search of the Lakes made and a group of youngsters found. All advised about their behaviour. 3.30pm Saturday 22nd June. 0264 22/06/2019
· *Vehicle Crime. Blind Lane, Tanworth. Husqvarna petrol chainsaw stolen from back of works vehicle. The offenders were in a Blue Toyota Hilux. Afternoon of 18th June. 0248 18/06/2019
· *Suspicious Circumstances. Three incidents in Brick Kiln Close. Vehicles and persons seen in the area. Caller concerned that the occupants were up to no good, possibly looking at vehicles to steal / steal from. Details passed to police. No offences disclosed at the times reported. 11pm 21st June. 11pm 22nd June. 12.30am 23rd June. 0011 23/06/2019
· *Vehicle Crime. Curlieu Lane, Norton Lindsay. Secure Land Rover Discovery with trailer stolen. Taken from near the Cemetery in Snitterfield, travelling into Norton Lindsay. A vehicle belonging to a witness was rammed by the car as it made off.. Offenders were in a Blue Izuzu pick-up truck. The Discovery was later abandoned and tools from inside were stolen. 3.30pm Friday 21st June. 0245 21/06/2019
Latest Community Policing Priorities Poll – The latest Poll is still live and we thank those that have already voted. Please follow the link below to cast your vote. The three suggestions with the most votes will be chosen as policing priorities alongside the normal work and demands of the Team. https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/article/16161/Team-Priorities
Theft of vehicle number plates - Vehicle number plate theft is a national problem and has increased in recent years in part due to an increase in the use of Automatic Number Plate Recognition cameras. Offenders have looked at ways to hide the identities of their vehicles so they can engage in criminal activity whilst avoiding detection. Number plates are being stolen from vehicles of all makes, models and ages.
How to combat it –
- Non reversible screws have been developed to help combat this crime. The number plate screws are special one-way devices that cannot be unscrewed once fitted. Any attempt to steal the plate would require force, causing the plate to break. Therefore if the thief steals the plates, they are damaged in such a way that makes them useless for criminal purposes.
- Traditional number plates are fixed to vehicles using plastic bolts. If non-reversible screws are not available, it is recommended that double sided tape is used instead of plastic bolts. This makes the plate harder to remove and may well lead to the plate breaking and therefore rendering it useless if pulled off. When taking your vehicle for its next garage maintenance visit ask for your car number plates to be attached in this way.
- Check to see that your vehicle still has its number plates before and after you use it. If you find the plates have gone, report to police straight away.
If you have any questions regarding the above please contact us on the details below or via the Warwickshire Police website. If you would like to be removed from the Teams email circulation list - please let us know.
ALCESTER POLICE NORTH SNT
Team email - [email protected]
PC 427 Sue Blundell - [email protected]
PCSO 6273 Aadila Hussain - [email protected]
PCSO 6330 Sanjay Singh - [email protected]
Team Sgt 542 Robert Shaw - [email protected]
Office Phone Number - 01789 444816
Twitter - @AlcesterCops
Facebook - Alcester Police
Instagram – southwarwickshiresnts
Find Wootton Wawen Parish Council
Wootton Wawen, Henley-In-Arden, Warwickshire